Go Back   FMUK > Race Teams ..how do I get a forum? > Archive Team > HLR



Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #1
HLR Rokko
Tyre Carrier

Location
Seattle
Gamertag
HLR Rokko
Rep
95
Joined
Oct 2008
Posts
43
vCash
500
2014 Stingray!

Man is this a sexy beast!

Wondering what my Euro m8's think about it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrQrAn_hNA[/URL]

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrQrAn_hNA
Rokko is offline  
Last edited by Rokko; 08-02-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
TfR Doony
Race Driver
 
Doony's Avatar
Location
South Wales
Gamertag
TfR Doony
Rep
3032
Joined
Mar 2007
Posts
3,699
vCash
161
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
Send a message via MSN to Doony
It's alright, build quality will suck, 450hp from a 6.2 litre engine is not enough. The interior us vulgar, the exterior is vulgar, it won't come in right hand drive, it still uses leaf springs, a medieval technology used by horse and carts.

Still...no doubt it will sound nice and be quick on a track

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
__________________
R.i.p H00nta
Doony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Anx
Race Team Manager
 
Anx's Avatar
Location
Leeds, Up North
Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
2312
Joined
Jul 2010
Posts
6,168
vCash
20047
Awards
Member of the Month Photocomp Winner 
It looks quite nice, but..................looks way too much like a regular Corvette for my liking.
__________________

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Forzatographer and occasional tuner (very occasional )
Anx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager
 
Spiny Anteater's Avatar
Location
Herts
Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
3715
Joined
Jun 2009
Posts
5,967
vCash
39405
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by TfR AnxiousMann View Post
It looks quite nice, but..................looks way too much like a regular Corvette for my liking.

But that's a good thing!

Not sure that I like the incredibly wide centre console - you could sit a 3rd passenger on that which immediately brings to mind the works "Fiat" and "Multipla". And I would have preferred them to have kept the Corvette's signature twin round rear light clusters as well. Plus, I bet like the previous model if I sit in the driver's seat I won't be able to see the front 5ft or so of bonnet either.

But I do like it, but preferred the C6. This one just looks a tad too European in the styling. That's good in general, but not what I'd want if I was going to get a Corvette.
__________________
Clubman GT Winner (only 'cos Jamesy got pished)

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Spiny Anteater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:46 AM   #5
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver
 
AlphaDog's Avatar
Location
Merrimack NH USA
Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
1820
Joined
Sep 2008
Posts
3,637
vCash
10828
They jacked up the ass end pretty badly.
__________________
R.I.P. h00nta
Forza Universe
AlphaDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
HLR Milo
Race Team Manager
 
HLR Milo's Avatar
Location
Watford, UK
Gamertag
HLR Milo
Rep
1996
Joined
May 2010
Posts
5,129
vCash
100
Awards
Photocomp Winner 




Comments
  
  i agree, its w4nk
__________________
npower League 1: Wolverhampton Wanderers

npower Championship: Huddersfield Town

National Football League: New England Patriots

National Basketball Association: Oklahoma City Thunder
HLR Milo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Warrior
Race Driver
 
Warrior's Avatar
Location
Dublin Ireland
Gamertag
HLR Warrior
Rep
1889
Joined
Sep 2007
Posts
4,934
vCash
100
Cool

Love it it will be brash an loud .but it will steal hearts .
Always wanted one of the original stingray just so as I could daydream that I was in the tv show.

Open in YouTube SD | Open in YouTube HD (when available)
Andy
__________________
Home
RIP. Stuart (H00nta)
A true gent and friend
You will be greatly missed by Family and friends[/center]
Warrior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
HLR Rokko
Tyre Carrier

Location
Seattle
Gamertag
HLR Rokko
Rep
95
Joined
Oct 2008
Posts
43
vCash
500
Thread Starter
I like the ass end, truth be told, it's one of my favorite parts of the new car. The old round ones were dated and the teardrop vent tied into them is pretty wicked. Acutally I like the whole thing. I agree the center console is a bit wide.

Can't wait to see what the GranSport, Z06, ZR1, and the covertables look like.

I'll be ripe to pick up a low mileage used one in a year and half for my 50th birthday mid life crisis!
__________________
Rokko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
FMUK A Senna
Race Driver

Location
Wolverhampton
Gamertag
EMW Takum1
Rep
1074
Joined
May 2011
Posts
2,661
vCash
1480
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
YouTube Profile
Send a message via Skype™ to A Senna
Originally Posted by HLR Rokko View Post
I like the ass end, truth be told, it's one of my favorite parts of the new car. The old round ones were dated and the teardrop vent tied into them is pretty wicked. Acutally I like the whole thing. I agree the center console is a bit wide.

Can't wait to see what the GranSport, Z06, ZR1, and the covertables look like.

I'll be ripe to pick up a low mileage used one in a year and half for my 50th birthday mid life crisis!

hes lying lads hes coming upto 65
__________________
@GreasyTweeks
@Brooksy91
A Senna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #10
Warrior
Race Driver
 
Warrior's Avatar
Location
Dublin Ireland
Gamertag
HLR Warrior
Rep
1889
Joined
Sep 2007
Posts
4,934
vCash
100
Cool

It's a stonking looking car alright and if you buy one will it become the HLR company car?

Andy
__________________
Home
RIP. Stuart (H00nta)
A true gent and friend
You will be greatly missed by Family and friends[/center]
Warrior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
Warrior
Race Driver
 
Warrior's Avatar
Location
Dublin Ireland
Gamertag
HLR Warrior
Rep
1889
Joined
Sep 2007
Posts
4,934
vCash
100
Cool

Originally Posted by A Senna View Post
hes lying lads hes coming upto 65

No no young fella me lad Rokko has been around since ancient times there are even hieroglyphs on the pyramids of him so I'd say he's going on 50 centuries
Andy
__________________
Home
RIP. Stuart (H00nta)
A true gent and friend
You will be greatly missed by Family and friends[/center]
Warrior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
FMUK A Senna
Race Driver

Location
Wolverhampton
Gamertag
EMW Takum1
Rep
1074
Joined
May 2011
Posts
2,661
vCash
1480
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
YouTube Profile
Send a message via Skype™ to A Senna
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
No no young fella me lad Rokko has been around since ancient times there are even hieroglyphs on the pyramids of him so I'd say he's going on 50 centuries
Andy

So the rumours are true then just thought it was 1 of them sneaky jokes lol
__________________
@GreasyTweeks
@Brooksy91
A Senna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver
 
AlphaDog's Avatar
Location
Merrimack NH USA
Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
1820
Joined
Sep 2008
Posts
3,637
vCash
10828
If 50 is midlife, that means you plan to live to 100??? Big bag of screw that man, only want to be in diapers once this lifetime thanks
__________________
R.I.P. h00nta
Forza Universe
AlphaDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
HLR Rokko
Tyre Carrier

Location
Seattle
Gamertag
HLR Rokko
Rep
95
Joined
Oct 2008
Posts
43
vCash
500
Thread Starter
tbh, i probably wont see 70, so the time is soon to enjoy it for years to come.

I'll tell you this, whoever the fool was that said "money doesn't buy happiness" needs to have louisville sluggertaken to the melon. Lemme tell ya, if I didn't have to worry about money, life would be more than sweet.
__________________
Rokko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #15
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver
 
AlphaDog's Avatar
Location
Merrimack NH USA
Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
1820
Joined
Sep 2008
Posts
3,637
vCash
10828
Originally Posted by Rokko View Post
tbh, i probably wont see 70, so the time is soon to enjoy it for years to come.

I'll tell you this, whoever the fool was that said "money doesn't buy happiness" needs to have louisville sluggertaken to the melon. Lemme tell ya, if I didn't have to worry about money, life would be more than sweet.

Can't disagree with that old buddy!!!!
__________________
R.I.P. h00nta
Forza Universe
AlphaDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #16
TackAli
Aerodynamicist

Location
Spain
Gamertag
TackAli
Rep
305
Joined
Jun 2011
Posts
372
vCash
1875
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
YAWN!...i see nothing that special about it!, it's just another plastic tank with a massive billion litre engine, 2 litre fuel tank and the teeniest amount of ponies possible and it'll weigh more than China.

Sorry guys really not my cup of tea!
TackAli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #17
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver
 
AlphaDog's Avatar
Location
Merrimack NH USA
Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
1820
Joined
Sep 2008
Posts
3,637
vCash
10828
You mean as opposed to another go cart death trap with a tiny engine These are the prelim specs on it, looks like it won't weigh all that much....well, not as much as China at least

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Preliminary Specifications

Oh, then there's this.....

"When you think about lightweight materials, you usually don’t think about them being stiffer than heavy materials.

For the C7, we decided to go with aluminum rather than steel since aluminum can provide significant weight advantages,” said Ed Moss, Engineering Group Manager for Body Structure. “Our job was to choose the right material and part-production process for each function. In this case, we came up with a structure that includes 10 castings, 38 extrusions, 76 stampings, and three hydroformed parts.”

The resulting frame not only delivers better performance and fuel efficiency, GM executives say, but the greater torsional rigidity also cuts noise and improves ride and handling.

Thanks to the frame, the new car will have “an optimal 50/50 front/rear weight balance” and a “world-class power-to-weight ratio” that’s better than the Porsche 911 Carrera and Audi R8, Chevy claims.

Unlike the C6, which uses hydroformed steel-tube rails with a constant thickness, the C7 chassis calls on rails made of five aluminum segments varying in thickness, each designed with the specifications needed to do the job it is called upon to do.

The new chassis will use several joining methods, including conventional welding, a new patented spot-welding method developed by GM, and screw-bolts reinforced with adhesives.
__________________
R.I.P. h00nta
Forza Universe
AlphaDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
HLR Rokko
Tyre Carrier

Location
Seattle
Gamertag
HLR Rokko
Rep
95
Joined
Oct 2008
Posts
43
vCash
500
Thread Starter
yeah, base model 6.2 litre with 450hp and 450 ft lbs and over 30mpg on the highway is weak, so is the 3300lb heavy as china weight and over 1g on the skidpad. what a pile of crap.

Comments
  
  word!
__________________
Rokko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #19
TackAli
Aerodynamicist

Location
Spain
Gamertag
TackAli
Rep
305
Joined
Jun 2011
Posts
372
vCash
1875
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
You mean as opposed to another go cart death trap with a tiny engine These are the prelim specs on it, looks like it won't weigh all that much....well, not as much as China at least

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Preliminary Specifications

Oh, then there's this.....

"When you think about lightweight materials, you usually don’t think about them being stiffer than heavy materials.

For the C7, we decided to go with aluminum rather than steel since aluminum can provide significant weight advantages,” said Ed Moss, Engineering Group Manager for Body Structure. “Our job was to choose the right material and part-production process for each function. In this case, we came up with a structure that includes 10 castings, 38 extrusions, 76 stampings, and three hydroformed parts.”

The resulting frame not only delivers better performance and fuel efficiency, GM executives say, but the greater torsional rigidity also cuts noise and improves ride and handling.

Thanks to the frame, the new car will have “an optimal 50/50 front/rear weight balance” and a “world-class power-to-weight ratio” that’s better than the Porsche 911 Carrera and Audi R8, Chevy claims.

Unlike the C6, which uses hydroformed steel-tube rails with a constant thickness, the C7 chassis calls on rails made of five aluminum segments varying in thickness, each designed with the specifications needed to do the job it is called upon to do.

The new chassis will use several joining methods, including conventional welding, a new patented spot-welding method developed by GM, and screw-bolts reinforced with adhesives.

Blah Blah Blah!!! lol 450 hp? 6litre engine?..........teeny ponies from big engine! how do the americans do that?!

And i will bet my left testicle and half my man sausage the thing weighs about the same as a house...or block of flats....

It may look reasonably but cool...but swag dont count for shite when a frikin astra blows past you!
TackAli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #20
HLR AlphaDog
Race Driver
 
AlphaDog's Avatar
Location
Merrimack NH USA
Gamertag
HLR AlphaDog
Rep
1820
Joined
Sep 2008
Posts
3,637
vCash
10828
Originally Posted by TackAli View Post
Blah Blah Blah!!! lol 450 hp? 6litre engine?..........teeny ponies from big engine! how do the americans do that?!

And i will bet my left testicle and half my man sausage the thing weighs about the same as a house...or block of flats....

It may look reasonably but cool...but swag dont count for shite when a frikin astra blows past you!

So you basically just stated that you didn't read one single bit of the information afforded to you above? And i think there is a better chance of Jesus walking through my front door with a lotto check for me than an astra "blowing past" that Vette
__________________
R.I.P. h00nta
Forza Universe
AlphaDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
Warrior
Race Driver
 
Warrior's Avatar
Location
Dublin Ireland
Gamertag
HLR Warrior
Rep
1889
Joined
Sep 2007
Posts
4,934
vCash
100
Cool

Originally Posted by TackAli View Post
YAWN!...i see nothing that special about it!, it's just another plastic tank with a massive billion litre engine, 2 litre fuel tank and the teeniest amount of ponies possible and it'll weigh more than China.

Sorry guys really not my cup of tea!

Even though it may be crude in most ways it does have a personality sadly lacking in most modern cars and even driving around at normal speeds will put a grin on yer face . Ok it's not your cup of tea but don't rain on the parade of the guys who drink Jack D
__________________
Home
RIP. Stuart (H00nta)
A true gent and friend
You will be greatly missed by Family and friends[/center]
Warrior is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #22
HLR Rokko
Tyre Carrier

Location
Seattle
Gamertag
HLR Rokko
Rep
95
Joined
Oct 2008
Posts
43
vCash
500
Thread Starter
Click the image to open in full size.

some people are just clueless when it comes to american cars. they'll never get it, never driven one, probably never driven any kind of real performance car but have all their brain dead views out there for all to see. Hey, you forgot about the covered wagon rear leaf spring suspension. LOL
__________________
Rokko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 02:45 AM   #23
HLR Saloon
Tyre Carrier

Location
USA
Gamertag
HLR Saloon
Rep
45
Joined
Oct 2012
Posts
56
vCash
500
Originally Posted by Spiny Anteater View Post
But that's a good thing!

Not sure that I like the incredibly wide centre console - you could sit a 3rd passenger...

Don't you know how we roll? Its that way so our lady friends can stay comfy during highway lap naps
__________________
HARD LUCK RACING
HLR Saloon is offline  
Last edited by Spiny Anteater; 14-02-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Just sorting the quote brackets
Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
HLR Rokko
Tyre Carrier

Location
Seattle
Gamertag
HLR Rokko
Rep
95
Joined
Oct 2008
Posts
43
vCash
500
Thread Starter
That center console is, um, spacious! Must have something to do with the torque tube that runs from the engine to the transaxle.

Here's some great reading for those that want to be informed.

2014 Corvette Stingray - United States - Home
__________________
Rokko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #25
FMUK A Senna
Race Driver

Location
Wolverhampton
Gamertag
EMW Takum1
Rep
1074
Joined
May 2011
Posts
2,661
vCash
1480
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
YouTube Profile
Send a message via Skype™ to A Senna
Looks a sexy car
__________________
@GreasyTweeks
@Brooksy91
A Senna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #26
OcR Pirate
Race Driver

Gamertag
OcR Pirate
Rep
1656
Joined
Sep 2010
Posts
1,729
vCash
819
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Despite the honking great engine, 4 exhausts lined up like that at the back look a teensy bit daft... but on the whole the styling just seems a bit too... not-me. I'd have preferred to see the Viper over this side of the pond but some berk decided it wasn't going to be over here, giving this a monopoly in the "US Muscle" stakes.

Let's not get quoting numbers because that's not what this car's really about, it's about having fun. (And skidpan g is a very silly statistic that doesn't mean a car handles well or feels fun, and is only therefore useful on Top Trumps! But this is another story!)
__________________
Po tay to
Pirate is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #27
TfR tescoru
Race Driver
 
tescoru's Avatar
Location
London E1
Gamertag
tescoru
Rep
510
Joined
Nov 2009
Posts
1,373
vCash
5700
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
It's got four exhausts. Nuff said.
tescoru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #28
HLR Rokko
Tyre Carrier

Location
Seattle
Gamertag
HLR Rokko
Rep
95
Joined
Oct 2008
Posts
43
vCash
500
Thread Starter
The only thing I don't care for is the double wide center console. And that's just petty to me, other than that, I will have one of these for my 50th birthday.

I think the last gen vette handled pretty well by running the ring in 7.19 and some change, I guarantee you the new ZR1 will beat that time.

This is just the base model, I can't friggin wait for the ZR1, Z06, 427 convertable and the gransport.

2014 Stingray Revealed: ENGINEERING | 2014 Corvette | Chevrolet - YouTube
__________________
Rokko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #29
OcR Pirate
Race Driver

Gamertag
OcR Pirate
Rep
1656
Joined
Sep 2010
Posts
1,729
vCash
819
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Handling isn't based on a number, it could have the least communicative steering in the world but so much grip that it can still get around a track well. Handling is so much more than just a laptime or a skidpan figure.

The time around the Nurburgring is also a pretty irrelevant figure in the real world as well, again, Top Trumps.

Tesco, as for four exhausts... yes please. But all lined up like that they just look slightly daft, that's all. (especially considering the lack of curves in the rest of the car's styling...)
__________________
Po tay to
Pirate is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #30
FMUK A Senna
Race Driver

Location
Wolverhampton
Gamertag
EMW Takum1
Rep
1074
Joined
May 2011
Posts
2,661
vCash
1480
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
YouTube Profile
Send a message via Skype™ to A Senna
now if this wasnt a vette or even a yank tank it would be different views wouldnt it,

all beacuase its a yank tank and peoples views are now stuck they dont know how to turn they build a car for straights etc load of crap in my view

Comments
  
 
__________________
@GreasyTweeks
@Brooksy91
A Senna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
big, birthday, carrera, cars, class, cup, driving, engine, gun, huge, king, live, news, night, race, racing, reviews, running, signature, spring, steering, tapatalk, tfr, win, world

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F1 changes in 2014 Tricky Formula 1 3 17-06-2013 02:15 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
tracert