Go Back   FMUK > General > PC & Console Gaming > GT5

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 12-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
Next update

Great news! A new update is to land on the 18th and will include the PP system (car class system) from GT5P. Will make online so much better

Comments

Good find.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Warrior
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR Warrior
Rep
vCash
Cool

Yee ha about time
You will be greatly missed by Family and friends[/center]
Old 12-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
HLR Woody
Race Team Manager

At the bottom of the world. Just slightly north of Antarctica.
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Too late for me. I traded GT5 and F1 for LBP2 and Great Wars: Medieval.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
GRT brianplank
Race Driver

Gamertag
GRT brianplank
Rep
vCash
leaderboards shouldn't be too far behind then either if theres different classes.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
HLR Joker
Professional Amateur

Gamertag
HLR Joker
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Send a message via Skype™ to Joker
Originally Posted by GRT brianplank View Post
leaderboards shouldn't be too far behind then either if theres different classes.

I'm hoping so, would be nice to see where we rank compared to friends.
Old 16-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
Quote:
Polyphony Digital will be releasing the February update for their Gran Turismo 5 racer on February 19, addressing various pressing issues with the Playstation 3 racer.

The update will vastly improve the title’s collision and corner-cutting detection as the current system has allowed competitors of the American GT Academy to cheat their way to faster lap times by corner cutting and wall riding.

Furthermore, the update will address a recently-discovered bug that renders Gran Turismo 5 savegame files useless as soon as they reach a size of 4165KB. Since many players put hundreds of hours into their Gran Turismo 5 career to, losing the savegame file and all earned cars & credits can be a devastating blow.

While every action such as buying new cars and loading up the game will add a few kbs to the file, the most serious threat that causes the savegame to reach the critical limits are the museum cards. Players should retain themselves from viewing these gift cards until the update has been released as viewing a single one can add hundreds of kbs to the save game file.

The release of the new version comes just in time for the start of the European GT Academy 2011 that will once again give race gamers the chance to prove they have what it takes to make it in the real racing world. The European GT Academy competition starts on March 4 with the first round of online time trials, GT5 users from the biggest European countries (Germany, France, UK, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Benelux, Switzerland & Austria) are eligible to compete.

The quickest drivers will advance to the next rounds with the top of the crop ending up at Silverstone for the GT Academy Race Camp. The winner of this final meeting will get to compete in the 2012 Dubai 24 Hours event, below is a video trailer for the competition.

Gran Turismo 5 Sim Racing News

Open in YouTube SD | Open in YouTube HD (when available)
Old 17-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #7
GRT brianplank
Race Driver

Gamertag
GRT brianplank
Rep
vCash
it seems a bit stupid to group countries into regions. some irish guy went fairly far last year but he wouldn't have been in the top 50 in the uk so wouldn't have qualified.
Old 18-02-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
It's live. And quite a lot of stuff been added

Quote:
GT5 INFORMATION
Update Notice (1.06)

Last Updated : Feb 18, 2011

An update to Gran Turismo 5 has been released. The contents are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
・Remote Racing
On the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen, [Remote Races] have been added.
You can combine the "My Driver" of you and your friends to start a fully automatic B-Spec race, to gain rewards and experience.
For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu and also the new "Remote Race" page in the GT5 product in+I3formation section on gran-tursimo.com.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
For [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using an internet web browser, and remotely operate your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check the results from the web site. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere!
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right of the webpage to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
You can now select the "My Tracks" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge), or even race on tracks automatically generated from a selected theme on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update in this way.)

・Introduction of Performance Points for Online Races
We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the regulations of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge) to regulate the participating cars.
For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (Open Lobby and My Lounge) have been increased.

・Expansion of Event Settings for Online Races
[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] have been added to the event settings of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・Increased Penalties for Special Events
The penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
The rewards and experience for [Licence] and [Special Events] of [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events
In A-Spec and B-Spec events in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], as well as when participating in [Special Events], you can now rent cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Settings
Individual gear adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Multi Monitor
From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi Monitor], you can now set multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in an incredibly wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.
For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.
+I5
[Changes and Additions to Game Operations]
- It is now possible to replay and save [2 Player Races].
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Camber] has been added to the section settings of the [Course Maker].
- In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- User selected background music can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
- When a tyre restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars having tyres that match the regulation will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- It is now possible to perform settings for karts in the [Quick Menu].
- It is now possible to select multiple items in some major screens, such as when selecting the on/off of favourites in the [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive manoeuvres of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added during room creation in the [Open Lobby].
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimised.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- The background of car demos during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The [Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

[To Check Your Current Version]
To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.

If the number starts with 1.06, you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

Comments

Nice find Slim
Old 18-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #9
HLR Joker
Professional Amateur

Gamertag
HLR Joker
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Twitter Profile
Send a message via Skype™ to Joker
Will update later....
Do we get leaderboards now (or did we already) ?
I still can't figure the menu page properly so have been revisiting races I've already completed to try and gain XP!!

Tags
competition, drift, online, page, points, settings, steering