Go Back   FMUK > Forza Motorsport 4 > Competitions

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Notices

Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Arrow Des Nations

I know that most of us have moved onto FM5 now, but for those still on FM4 or who still have an XBox 360 set up, I received this post from GTDon below regarding a new FM4 competition they are wanting to try out.

Originally Posted by AAR GTDon
Hi Spiny, I know you are doing the xbone now, but there are a lot of people who are sticking with FM4 for the time being. And recently I was asked by a Latino group as well as the IFCA to reach out to the league leaders I know and ask them if they could get excited about competing in a "des Nations" like format? This is a format that is done annually in international motocross where riders come to represent their country.

Details are not certain yet, but the idea is to copy the format. You'd have 3 classes, like D, A, and R2, and either allow any cars to be picked, or a set of spec cars. The scoring for the event works on the position system, i.e. first place is awarded one point, second place two, etc. Each class races twice, each time against one of other two classes, for a total of three races in one weekend. The worst score of three races is dropped, and the lowest combined score wins.

Too help keep the grids full, you could place a 2 team limit per class. Each team would be comprised of 3 drivers from each country. All 3 driver (or 6) would have to be from the same country. Each lobby would have a maximum of 15 drivers or 5 teams of mixed classes.

Would FMUK want to compete in something like this?

So, the question for people with access to FM4 is would you be interested in this? From the bit of racing I've done with the IFCA guys, I can tell you that there is a range of skill levels (so don't feel that you would be absolutely caned just because they are sim-biased) and that they are very clean racers so it should be fun.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
AAR GTDon
Tyre Carrier

Rep
vCash
Thanks Spiny. Yeah, AAR ABEnstein is the point man on this. Just looking for like 3-6 drivers from each country. If you're interested guys, let me know, and we will fill you in on the details as they evolve.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
Guru
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
Interested

'The games dead ya'know'
Old 03-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #4
AAR GTDon
Tyre Carrier

Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Interested

Here's the thread that we are hashing out details and gaining ideas about this Format Discussion

Tags
cars, competition, fm4, fm5, fmuk, league, lobby, nations, post, racing, xbox