Go Back   FMUK > General > Front Page News > Polls

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Forza 4 Demo?
Love it, can't wait 25 37.88%
Better than expected 24 36.36%
Good but hoped for more 8 12.12%
Not sure, pre-order in doubt 4 6.06%
Didn't like it, but might give it more time 3 4.55%
Hate it, get me outta here 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Tricky
Just Tricky

Gamertag
PzR Tricky
PSN Tag
Tricky4
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Driver Award 
YouTube Profile
Forza 4 Demo Poll

So, does your first taste of Forza 4 meet your expectations?
Old 03-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Hyped Hamster
Race Driver

Gamertag
Hyped Hamster
Rep
vCash
'Exactly what I expected' should be an answer.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Tricky
Just Tricky

Gamertag
PzR Tricky
PSN Tag
Tricky4
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Driver Award 
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by Hyped Hamster View Post
'Exactly what I expected' should be an answer.

I was trying to make it a rough scale of liking to disliking, not just meeting expectations which is as much about us as it is the game.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
Anx
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Photocomp Winner 
I want to vote 'Love it, can't wait', and i've not even played it yet

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Forzatographer and occasional tuner (very occasional )
Old 03-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Warrior
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR Warrior
Rep
vCash
Cool

Originally Posted by TfR AnxiousMann View Post
I want to vote 'Love it, can't wait', and i've not even played it yet

Microsoft Fanboy

Andy
You will be greatly missed by Family and friends[/center]
Old 03-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
Anx
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
PTG Anxious
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
Microsoft Fanboy

Andy

M$ fanboy? Nah. FM fanboy? Ok i guess i am a little

Even when i've felt the FM games have been lacking in little areas, they still deliver so much in others.

R.I.P H00nta
Pendulum Tuning Group
Forzatographer and occasional tuner (very occasional )
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Senna s1979
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
Have put 'Not sure'.

Maybe i am all Forza'd out. But then there's not much that has held my attention on the Xbox recently.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner Member of the Month 
Send a message via MSN to totlxtc
Originally Posted by Senna s1979 View Post
Have put 'Not sure'.

Maybe i am all Forza'd out. But then there's not much that has held my attention on the Xbox recently.

Just need spiny to come along and you too can be "Not sure" together....couple of old winge bags

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna
"Sex...the breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Old 03-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
Senna s1979
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
Just need spiny to come along and you too can be "Not sure" together....couple of old winge bags

Well excuse me for not actually liking something as much as someone else.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
MVG Saint
Race Driver

Gamertag
ValiantSaint
Rep
vCash
I put "Better than expected" I then found out there's an adjustable gamma setting........

AKA ValiantSaint

H00nta, you were one in a million. You will be missed

Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Have put 'Not sure'.

Werent you pretty much forza'd out in Nov 09??
Old 03-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #12
Facehugger
Mechanic

Gamertag
Facehugger303
Rep
vCash
will buy in the new year when its 15 quid as far too many other games out such as skyrim dark and dark souls
those two games should keep me busy until the new year
forza would be a day one buy if we had a whole host of new tracks and not the same ones we have seen in every driving game
having played it about three week ago i just felt seen it all before
no doubt though i will buy once you lot temp me with awesome cars hehe
Old 03-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post

Actually a step down from that - didn't like it but will give it a chance, particularly at 49p.

If it hadn't been for that deal, I would definitely have been holding off on the purchase judging by the demo, but I'll put the impressions in the proper thread.

We all learn from our mistakes. I am very well educated...

RIP Stuart (Hoonta). Gone. Not Forgotten.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #14
Hyped Hamster
Race Driver

Gamertag
Hyped Hamster
Rep
vCash
What is it exactly that has put you guys off? The demo doesnt really show a whole lot but what it does show is that its a step up from Forza 3. Controls felt tight to me, graphics are a massive improvment and the presentation is fantastic (more so from the trailers than the demo).

Does anyone know anything about the online lobbies? thats the most important thing, i'd like to see them go back to FM2 style lobbies.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #15
[HLR] totlxtc
Race Driver

Gamertag
Totlxtc
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner Photocomp Winner Member of the Month 
Send a message via MSN to totlxtc
What is it exactly that has put you guys off? The demo doesnt really show a whole lot but what it does show is that its a step up from Forza 3. Controls felt tight to me, graphics are a massive improvment and the presentation is fantastic (more so from the trailers than the demo).

Does anyone know anything about the online lobbies? thats the most important thing, i'd like to see them go back to FM2 style lobbies.

We all have different expectations of what Forza should be. Initally when I went straight into the 458 I was spinning off everywhere and was not too pleased. Once I realised that you had to be precise with your controls I got hooked. You can no longer run into a corner, slam the anchors on and blast out like FM3. You have to ease the brake on, turn in smoothly and feed the throttle in.

Some people want a game like GTR, Grand Prix legends, rfactor etc. Personally I love those games but only a little at a time. The little bit of forgiveness in FM makes me enjoy it more as it produces closer racing. Remember there are guys out there who are not the best but will still want to race. Otherwise you would end up with endless copies of FM on the preowned section.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Spiny has a very valid point with the aero fixing. If that is not fixed then its criminal, but not a game breaker for me personally.

If I had a list of things I would like to see I would have:

Proper flag rules
Better damage where you can write the car off and be pushed of by marshalls (Was done way back in Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix)
Proper pit stops
Interior of cars changing when race weight changes done
Drive throughs
Punctures

But its all about compromise in the end. And I personally love FM4.

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna
"Sex...the breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Old 04-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #16
Senna s1979
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
What is it exactly that has put you guys off?

Tbh i don't really know. There is not one specific thing that make me think "this is shite!".
I don't - i think it's a very solid demo/game.
Like when i play the new demo for FIFA's or CoD's or whatever and i already know what it's going to be like - i play it once, it feels the same with little improvements and i know it's a safe bet.
But then i play the demo once, and think - "right that's that, they haven't broke it" lol.
Same with this - played it once, not felt the urge to again. Graphics are better (if full of jaggies) and the handling is 'better'.

I wouldn't say it has put me off - i have just decided at this time not to spend 60 on the LCE.
I will probably get it still - i am just not as excited by it as i would like to be.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #17
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
Tbh i don't really know. There is not one specific thing that make me think "this is shite!".
Like when i play the new demo for FIFA's or CoD's or whatever and i already know what it's going to be like - i play it once, it feels the same with little improvements and i know it's a safe bet.
But then i play the demo once, and think - "right that's that, they haven't broke it" lol.
Same with this - played it once, not felt the urge to again. Graphics are better (if full of jaggies) and the handling is 'better'.

I wouldn't say it has put me off - i have just decided at this time not to spend 60 on the LCE.
I will probably get it still - i am just not as excited by it as i would like to be.

What were your expectations of what it would be?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #18
Hyped Hamster
Race Driver

Gamertag
Hyped Hamster
Rep
vCash

More being underwhelmed than dissapointed then? Its the same with GoW3 etc as you say, they are the pinnacle of the franchises but weve seen it before. The one thing you've got to remember though is that we are pushing the limits of this generation of consoles now, there is only so much more they can do until we see new tech.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #19
Senna s1979
Race team Owner

Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
What were your expectations of what it would be?

I didn't have any tbh. I thought Forza 3 would be shite - i was pleasantly surprised!
Therefor i didn't expect anything - i hoped for a few things here and there but nothing major.
I didn't expect a revolution. It's a pleasant evolution.
It is an excellent looking game, it handles very well (with a controller anyway) and is totally solid as we would expect of T10.

I think more than anything it's not the Forza 4 - it's me. Like i said in another thread somewhere, gaming for me atm isn't doing an awful lot.

Maybe i am just falling out of love with gaming in general. Something i thought i would never do.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #20
TfR Doony
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Doony
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
Send a message via MSN to Doony
I think more than anything it's not the Forza 4 - it's me. Like i said in another thread somewhere, gaming for me atm isn't doing an awful lot.

Maybe i am just falling out of love with gaming in general. Something i thought i would never do.

God damn it man.. You sound like you're breaking up with a woman.. It's not you it's me.. I've changed! we've grown apart! I want to be single!

Comments

Me and the Sexbox had a 'special' relationship :D
Old 04-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #21
PzR Ske
Slacker

Gamertag
PzR Ske
Rep
vCash
YouTube Profile
Voted "Good but hoped for more" but I guess a more appropriate answer would be "meh"

What is it exactly that has put you guys off?

I'm not really turned off but I'm replying anyway I was always gonna buy the game, it's just that the demo track isn't very good and the moving road blocks everywhere means I can't be bothered to spend time with the demo. I'll save myself for the full game.

As for the car handling, I'd say it seems like it has the potential to be good although the tailhappiness of the M5 is a minor worry as I'd expect a big german exec-mobile like that to have ultra-safe handling IRL. Doesn't bother me that much though as we'll be driving tuned cars 99% of the time anyway.

Custom public lobbies are back in, in-lobby tuning is not.. so I guess it's a compromise. Apparently they can't do in-lobby tuning because game saves can be corrupted if a race launches while someone's saving a tune (is that right Tak?). Sounds like a fixable issue to me, but who am I to say?
Old 04-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #22
PzR Tak
Race Driver

Gamertag
PzR Tak
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Ske View Post
Custom public lobbies are back in, in-lobby tuning is not.. so I guess it's a compromise. Apparently they can't do in-lobby tuning because game saves can be corrupted if a race launches while someone's saving a tune (is that right Tak?). Sounds like a fixable issue to me, but who am I to say?

Lobby tuning is a continuity thing. Fine for private, middling for CPLs, but public hoppers are where the problem lies. If you can tune in-lobby for one, it will be expected for all, by the non-power user. We obviously understand about being careful, but others don't and expect it to just work.

Public hoppers, which are relatively forced upon T10, have that timer, and are the most likely source of corruption. Because of that danger, tuning isnt available in any lobby.

Be prepared for a new thread about full game impressions from me tomorrow. In the pub tonight, but I have a promo copy. Happy to answer questions, but unable to go online with the game til Thurs.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #23
Warrior
Race Driver

Gamertag
HLR Warrior
Rep
vCash
Cool

Originally Posted by Ske View Post

As for the car handling, I'd say it seems like it has the potential to be good although the tailhappiness of the M5 is a minor worry as I'd expect a big german exec-mobile like that to have ultra-safe handling IRL.

As an ex m5 owner (old type E39 M5) I can tell you with traction control off the car is an absolute beast and liable to bite your head off and give a perfect example of a Richard Hammond quote over steer is where the rear end comes round you hit the tree and are killed.(paraphrased) . dont get me wrong most of the time it was an absolute joy to drive but if you were tired or not concentrating it taught you a a lesson . Would I have one again in a heart beet but cant afford it now.

Andy
You will be greatly missed by Family and friends[/center]
Old 05-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #24
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Lobby tuning is a continuity thing. Fine for private, middling for CPLs, but public hoppers are where the problem lies. If you can tune in-lobby for one, it will be expected for all, by the non-power user. We obviously understand about being careful, but others don't and expect it to just work.

But would it really have been too hard to put an "allow lobby tuning" setting in the private lobby settings in that case? I have to say that if that is T10's argument for not allowing it I think it's a weak one - after all nobody complains that you can change the end timer in private lobbies but not public ones do they. Oh wait, just undermined my own argument

But I still don't see why allowing lobby tuning couldn't be a private lobby option at the very least.

Comments

Old 06-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #25
TfR Doony
Race Driver

Gamertag
TfR Doony
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Paintjob Award 
Send a message via MSN to Doony
I don't see what all the hullaballoo is about in lobby tuning. 99% of the time, I have the tune I want loaded on the car, if I don't I can still load it in the lobby. Sure would have been cool to have the option, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not a game breaker is it.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #26
TfR Spiny Anteater
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
Spiny Anteater
Rep
vCash
Awards
Not a gamebreaker at all (well for me anyway), but back in Fm2 we used to have good nights where you could dial in a car through the night between races. Unfortunately, that's one of the features we don't have now. And it's the fact that it's another good feature gone to aid the promotion of the hoppers which rankles most if I'm honest.

Tags
101, aid, awesome, big, cars, cod, driving, fifa, fm4, forza, forza 4, games, killed, lobby, microsoft, online, race, racing, settings, tfr, tune, tuning, xbox