Go Back   FMUK > General > PC & Console Gaming > Call of Duty Series

Register Now for FREE!
Our records show you have not yet registered. To sign up and get instant access to all our features, simply fill out the form below.

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
  I agree to forum rules 

Old 07-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #61
TfR smokinmasta
Head Admin

Gamertag
TfR smokinmasta
PSN Tag
Smokinmasta
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Paintjob Award 
YouTube Profile
Originally Posted by TfR AnxiousMann View Post
Same here. I'm not saying it won't be great, but on previous experiences i've just found MW too arcadey for my liking, and i love the way BF3 plays so i don't see myself getting it.

I'm sure those who do will have hours of enjoyment from it though.

Agreed. I hope it does try and do something different this time, that way we all benefit with some rivalry from devs from all sides not just fan boys from both sides. Its a shame as in the old days Call of duty, medal of honour etc were THE games to have for FPS
Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #62
MeatHelmet1981
Race Driver

Gamertag
JohnyBigPotatos
Rep
vCash
Last minute decision for me whether to get bf3 or mw3 tomorrow morning on the way to work. Was playing mw2 and black ops last week and had a good couple hours on bf3 at a friends house this weekend.

Never really got into bf:bc2 but then again didn't invest too much time on it.

Must admit, from what I saw at the weekend, bf3 plays and sounds incredible. I just don't think I'm gonna say that about mw3 from the trailers I've seen.

What a pickle I find myself in
Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #63
HLR Milo
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
HLR Milo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by MeatHelmet1981 View Post
What a pickle I find myself in

Our forefathers had to worry about putting food on the table, we've really advanced as a civilization

npower Championship: Huddersfield Town

National Football League: New England Patriots

National Basketball Association: Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #64
MeatHelmet1981
Race Driver

Gamertag
JohnyBigPotatos
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by HLR Milo View Post
Our forefathers had to worry about putting food on the table, we've really advanced as a civilization

Seriously though! I may lose sleep over this!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #65
Hyped Hamster
Race Driver

Gamertag
Hyped Hamster
Rep
vCash
Just sorted my copy out, should be getting it at midnight.

Looking after my son tomorrow so wont get much play time til weds though
Old 07-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #66
scuppy182
Race Driver

Rep
vCash
How do you know. You have'nt played MW3?

he knows because i'm sure he's heard about this

News: Modern Warfare 3: New engine 'would be counter productive' - Infinity Ward - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Quote:
Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling has said that building a new engine for the Call of Duty franchise "would be counter productive".

Click to view larger image
When it was put to him on Twitter that "someone just needs to spend the $ and construct a new engine for the CoD franchise... Ground up," Bowling replied: "That would be counter productive. An engine takes years and years to develop and get right."

i lol'd
Old 07-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #67
HLR Milo
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
HLR Milo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Grrrr. I hate how its all of a sudden 'cool' to hate COD. Im no fanboy, but if you judge a game by its sucess then call of duty is by far the no.1 game.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #68
M4RINE365
Test Driver

Gamertag
M4RINE365
Rep
vCash
Awards
Determination Award 
Grrrr. I hate how its all of a sudden 'cool' to hate COD. Im no fanboy, but if you judge a game by its sucess then call of duty is by far the no.1 game.

in the begining there was call of duty 1-4 then there was world at war which apart from zombies could barley be classed as a game never mind a AAA title it was just a bodged job.next came modernwarfare 2 which had more glitches, hacks and whining little kids than anyone would care to imagine but it played well so i liked it. and the latest game blackops again was a bodged job where yet gain from treyarch the only thing anyone stuck with it was for the zombies. and finally we come to yet another hole filled game where there are so many screaming litle fanboy kids that the gaming world will cry out in pain. Call of duty is what we call in the industry controlled by the money makers activision. its a fact that only 5% of game developers make any money becuase the rest who are making money have to give it all to the cheap publishers who slap a brand on a box put some assest and new features in a game and sell it to the masses.

thats why they have kept the same game engine for years not becuase they choose to but because they are controlled by the banks. call of duty is a bodgejob where if it would have been a plubmer or some sort of electrical service it would be put on rouge traders

call of duty is a game series where the sucess it has out ways the quality of the product the only decent call of duty is cod4 becuase it was fresh and played very well wher nobody cared about what gun you where using how high you killstreaks or rank was people played it becuase it was good every thing afterwards was copy and paste addd new features and make it worse.

the end

Comments

daaaaaymn!! true.

agree

i wish i could put the full extract in but its longer than 500 words
Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #69
Nor
Site Owner

Rep
vCash
Only played a little of each mode so far. Feels really good to me.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #70
Stibz
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
xStibz
PSN Tag
stibbz
Rep
vCash
Hi, You know everyone has their own ideals ect, some like totally different to others, same with opinions. I Like all the COD & BF games actually, different is what I like, if they where both the same, then folks would moan about that too, no matter how successful they where .
Successful games have lots of supporters and there just games to be played & enjoyed while they can.

Comments

Sense
Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #71
Hyped Hamster
Race Driver

Gamertag
Hyped Hamster
Rep
vCash
I never really played any of the CoDs prior to MW2 and I have ended up putting more hours into MW2 and Blackops than almost any other game ever.

Haters gonna hate, yes they arent perfect but they are popular for a reason...too many people seem to bitch and moan about the tiniest of things these days. Saying the only reason people stuck with Blackops is zombies is utter nonsense, I played zombies once yet I put 5 days solid into the multiplayer which is consistant between alot of people on my friends list. I also enjoyed the single player story, it was better than MW2 in my opinion.

As for the fanboy stuff, hating on something is the exact same thing as being a fanboy except at the other end of the scale, they still hunt through comment sections for people to piss off and tell them how wrong and noobish they are.

Im sure I'll enjoy MW3 as much as the previous ones, I do agree they need a new engine for the next one or for the next console gen at least though.

Maybe im just too happy go lucky and I just accept things for how they are but atleast I enjoy the things I play and do rather than looking for things to hate, i'd rather pick out the positives.
Last edited by Hyped Hamster; 07-11-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #72
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash

No it isn't The Sims is
Old 07-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #73
Hyped Hamster
Race Driver

Gamertag
Hyped Hamster
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
No it isn't The Sims is

If you go by actual player numbers 'Farmville' or some of that other facebook crap is probably much more popular than both.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #74
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Hyped Hamster View Post
If you go by actual player numbers 'Farmville' or some of that other facebook crap is probably much more popular than both.

Which pretty much tells you what sales figures mean. I'll be playing both and hopefully enjoying both. It's just like the GT/FM debate, why people can't have a preference for one but enjoy both I have no idea.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #75
Tricky
Just Tricky

Gamertag
PzR Tricky
PSN Tag
Tricky4
Rep
vCash
Awards
Member of the Month Best Driver Award 
YouTube Profile
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #76
PzR Whitey
FUTCC Steward

Gamertag
PzR Whitey161
Rep
vCash
Interesting figures, i guess COD stands out in the sales numbers, i thought BF2 wouldve sold more on PC.

TBH i think i fall into the COD hater group!! I doubt i would give MW3 much chance, played its predesessors and feel they are too arcadey. Seems quite narrow minded of me i guess, but i wouldnt splash out on two FPS and i love BF3 so nvm, Im sure it will be a huge hit and plenty of people will enjoy it so thats the main thing....and hopefully the noobs who insist on going engineer and firing rockets down every corridor will go to COD

Old 08-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #77
scuppy182
Race Driver

Rep
vCash

Also, i don't think thats true. Its not all of a sudden cool to hate COD, its that people are getting sick of being feed the same old game. If people are happy to pay for a game that hasn't developed then they can continue but back in the day and i'm only 25 I use to buy a game play it for a good 6months and then a add-on with new missions would come out.

Example: Rainbow Six, then the extra missions, not a whole new game full price with.

I never really played any of the CoDs prior to MW2 and I have ended up putting more hours into MW2 and Blackops than almost any other game ever.

Haters gonna hate, yes they arent perfect but they are popular for a reason...too many people seem to bitch and moan about the tiniest of things these days. Saying the only reason people stuck with Blackops is zombies is utter nonsense, I played zombies once yet I put 5 days solid into the multiplayer which is consistant between alot of people on my friends list. I also enjoyed the single player story, it was better than MW2 in my opinion.

As for the fanboy stuff, hating on something is the exact same thing as being a fanboy except at the other end of the scale, they still hunt through comment sections for people to piss off and tell them how wrong and noobish they are.

Im sure I'll enjoy MW3 as much as the previous ones, I do agree they need a new engine for the next one or for the next console gen at least though.

Maybe im just too happy go lucky and I just accept things for how they are but atleast I enjoy the things I play and do rather than looking for things to hate, i'd rather pick out the positives.

You say you never played any COD games prior to MW2, well to many people MW1 was the best and IMO it was.

Also the bit about black Ops zombies... I was one of those, didn't play any multiplayer except for a few games of the Gun Game which is taken from Counter-Strike a game I've been playing since 2000 when i was 12-13ish.

Its not that we're ignoring the positives, It's that we've played previous games which you haven't and so I at least compare them in a different way which is why I don't think COD is worth its price tag.
Last edited by scuppy182; 08-11-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #78
Jam
Race Driver

Gamertag
Cluck Norris
Rep
vCash
Cod hasn't changed since MW back in 2007. The settings might change, but the core gameplay mechanics remain the same. Don't change a winning formula and all that, i'd agree... but i'm getting a bit bored of it now.

BF3 is going to get much more of my time this year.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #79
Bad-Co
Race Driver

Gamertag
l Bad Co l
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile YouTube Profile
Pfft kiddies.
All this MW this MW that.....

United offence was the best COD game, big maps, vehicles and 88's
Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #80
VR6
Local Nutter

Gamertag
PZR vr6
Rep
vCash
mw was good but flawed mw2 was ****ing awefull threw away the good bits on mw and made the bad bits worse.
the best way to play mw2 was run around with 2 ancient shitguns or a knife!!!! highly realistic

bf1942 was brilliant and groundbreaking
vietnam was brilliant if only because of the music
bf2 was good but connection was near impossible
bad company was meh
bad company 2 was very very very good (wish damage was more realistic though)

Comments

All of the above but BF2 never caused me issues even with a 1mb connection at the time??!!!

flames
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIrEtrkrapw

futcc season 1 champion
season 1 16 races 15 wins
season 2 10 races 7 wins 2 2nds

total futcc 26 races 22 wins
gtc seaon 1 9 races 5 wins 8 podiums RUNNER UP GRRRR
Old 08-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #81
M4RINE365
Test Driver

Gamertag
M4RINE365
Rep
vCash
Awards
Determination Award 
call of duty modern warfare three has to be the worst game i have ever played, the only thing that is half decent is spec ops not played the campaign yet probably will but just for the story and played one match online and aynone who does like this has deffinate issusses

Old 08-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #82
HLR Milo
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
HLR Milo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Photocomp Winner 
Originally Posted by M4RINE365 View Post
call of duty modern warfare three has to be the worst game i have ever played, the only thing that is half decent is spec ops not played the campaign yet probably will but just for the story and played one match online and aynone who does like this has deffinate issusses

I know this is a public forum for expressing opinions, but sometimes just keep ones such as above to yourself. I don't like Fallout, but it does not mean anyone who likes it is an idiot.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #83
M4RINE365
Test Driver

Gamertag
M4RINE365
Rep
vCash
Awards
Determination Award 
I know this is a public forum for expressing opinions, but sometimes just keep ones such as above to yourself. I don't like Fallout, but it does not mean anyone who likes it is an idiot.

never said anyone was an idiot

Old 08-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #84
Hyped Hamster
Race Driver

Gamertag
Hyped Hamster
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by M4RINE365 View Post

Perhaps I need get myself comitted then as I think the multiplayer is the best yet...all the perks have been refined, liking the new kill streak options with the support packs etc, balances it out for weaker players too, the weapons ive come across so far all seem pretty useful although im yet to really test out shotguns, love the new weapon perk system too (so hardened etc are now weapon perks instead of standard perks).

Its still early days but my first impressions are good. Why dont you consider writing something more constructive if your going to criticise....saying people who like it must have 'deffinate issusses' is a bit *insert insulting word*.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #85
M4RINE365
Test Driver

Gamertag
M4RINE365
Rep
vCash
Awards
Determination Award 
Perhaps I need get myself comitted then as I think the multiplayer is the best yet...all the perks have been refined, liking the new kill streak options with the support packs etc, balances it out for weaker players too, the weapons ive come across so far all seem pretty useful although im yet to really test out shotguns, love the new weapon perk system too (so hardened etc are now weapon perks instead of standard perks).

Its still early days but my first impressions are good. Why dont you consider writing something more constructive if your going to criticise....saying people who like it must have 'deffinate issusses' is a bit *insert insulting word*.

abit of nerd rage from me there and if anyone does take that offensively then theres nothing i can do, but i will write a more constructive review on why i think its shocking and i beleive one of the words you may be looking for is "d**kish

Old 08-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #86
scuppy182
Race Driver

Rep
vCash
I have the winner boys :D

hahahaha

Open in YouTube SD | Open in YouTube HD (when available)

Comments

what a great spot
Old 08-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #87
MOO! Emperor Banzai
Race Driver

Gamertag
Emperor Banzai
Rep
vCash
Twitter Profile YouTube Profile
Send a message via MSN to Emperor Banzai Send a message via Yahoo to Emperor Banzai

Incompatible browser | Facebook
Feel free to look at my photography work and share
Old 09-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #88
WiggyDiggyPoo

Gamertag
wiggydiggypoo
Rep
vCash
Awards
Best Driver Award 
Originally Posted by Bad-Co View Post
It's harsh to criticise "recycle" considering Forza 4 has more "recycled" material than original stuff.

*Whistles* Wonder why I haven't bought Forza 4 yet *Whistles*

I'll get MW3, I want to finish the story, but as the MP doesnt interest me this will be in a couple years probably when MW4 comes out.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #89
Stibz
Race Team Manager

Gamertag
xStibz
PSN Tag
stibbz
Rep
vCash
Hi, My 15yr old has just tried MW3 online, the last half hour or so, he's played most of the COD series. He is totally unimpressed with MW3, says it's like going back in time to COD4, absolutely not even slightly better than MW2 if anything he says its worse than MW2.

He's been desperate to play it this week, now he's tells me to wait until it's cheaper before buying it.
BF3 is way way better he says, just heard him tell mates online, that BF3 is 12 times better lol. Now i could have saved myself some money .

but I suppose he had to try it. Being a COD/MW fanatic, him and his mates used to spend a lot of time on those games.
He's got BF3 back on now
I think BF3 is MILES infront of MW3 gameplay and quality wise.
Last edited by Stibz; 09-11-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #90
Slim
Race team Owner

Gamertag
PzR Slim
Rep
vCash
Originally Posted by Stibz View Post
Hi, My 15yr old has just tried MW3 online, the last half hour or so, he's played most of the COD series. He is totally unimpressed with MW3, says it's like going back in time to COD4, absolutely not even slightly better than MW2 if anything he says its worse than MW2.

He's been desperate to play it this week, now he's tells me to wait until it's cheaper before buying it.
BF3 is way way better he says, just heard him tell mates online, that BF3 is 12 times better lol. Now i could have saved myself some money .

but I suppose he had to try it. Being a COD/MW fanatic, him and his mates used to spend a lot of time on those games.
He's got BF3 back on now
I think BF3 is MILES infront of MW3 gameplay and quality wise.

Thanks for your opinions mate, I know you have no ulterior motive

Think I'll give it a miss then, plenty of other good games coming soon.

Tags
battlefield, big, celtic, clip, cod, competition, driving, engine, fifa, forza, forza 4, free, games, gun, happy, maps, mission, news, online, plays, points, prizes, reviews, video, warfare, win, world, xbox